It’s not easy recovering from an accident. It’s even harder trying to get the money you deserve. Chris can help.
Watch this short video before talking to your insurance adjuster, and schedule a free consultation to find out how much your case is really worth.
Find Out How Much Your Case is Worth. For Free.
Complete this form or call (562) 901-4664. We have offices in Whittier, Los Angeles, and Long Beach. Se Habla Espanol.
Chris represents victims in Bus Accidents in Echo Park and Silver Lake
He devotes all his time and energy on car accident cases. That’s why Chris consistently delivers excellent results for his clients in Echo Park and Silver Lake.
Frequently Asked Questions About Bus Accidents in Echo Park and Silver Lake
Because there are often dozens of passengers on board, many bus accidents result in numerous injuries. If you or a loved one has been involved in one of these crashes, be sure to consult a skilled Echo Park bus accident lawyer right away.
At the Law Offices of Christopher Montes de Oca, we have served countless injury victims throughout Southern California, and we work hard to hold negligent parties accountable for their actions. We keep you informed throughout the process as we work together to secure the compensation you need and deserve to cover medical bills, loss of wages, pain and suffering and other damages.
Determining fault after a bus accident in Echo Park or Silver Lake
There are a number of parties who may be at fault for a bus accident, and our Echo Park personal injury attorneys’ approach to pursuing compensation depends on the nature of the crash and the individuals and entities involved. The responsible parties may include the following:
- Bus driver: Bus operators have a responsibility to keep their passengers safe and avoid engaging in activities like using a cell phone, eating and driving recklessly.
- Bus company or transit agency: The businesses or entities who own and operate buses need to ensure their vehicles are in optimal working order — and that their drivers are properly trained before allowing them out on the road.
- Maintenance provider: Many bus companies and transit agencies contract third parties to service and repair their vehicles. If one of these contractors fails to properly maintain a bus and an accident results, that company may be liable for any injuries that occur.
- Equipment/parts manufacturers: Buses have a lot of moving parts, and if one of them fails, the risk of a serious accident drastically increases. Manufacturers may be liable for crashes resulting from defective bus parts.
What you should do after a bus crash in Echo Park or Silver Lake
After a bus accident in Los Angeles, your first step should be to seek medical assistance, if necessary. If you are able, you should gather as much information as you can, including the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved and the contact information of the bus driver and any other parties involved.
It’s also a good idea to take photos of the crash scene, using your cell phone. Key evidence to document includes damage to bus and other vehicles, along with where you were sitting when the accident took place. If there are skid marks at the scene, be sure to take photos of them, as well.
After that, look for any witnesses to the accident and get their contact information, including phone numbers, addresses and email addresses. Write down the time of day the crash occurred and the weather conditions, along with any other details you deem important. Do not give a written or recorded statement to anyone, and do not sign anything from an insurance company.
Once you’ve left the accident scene, call a Los Angeles bus accident lawyer right away. These professionals will advise you on next steps.
Contact Our Experienced Echo Park Bus Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a bus accident in Echo Park or Silver Lake, consult a skilled and dedicated personal injury lawyer with the Law Offices of Christopher Montes de Oca. Get a free consultation today by calling us at 562-901-4664 or by contacting us online.
Recent Wins for Our Clients
Chris has successfully helped his clients recover the money they deserve in many types of car accident cases, including over $12 million for a car accident victim. These results represent only a small selection of those cases and are not meant to guarantee future results.
You Deserve to Have An Experienced and Honest Attorney By Your Side
Chris is proud and humbled to be named as one of the top car accident lawyers in Los Angeles for four straight years. Among those honors, Chris is recognized as a Super Lawyer Rising Star. Each year, no more than 2.5% of the lawyers in the state receive this award.
Find Out How Much Your Case is Worth.
Schedule Your Free Consultation.
Law Offices of Christopher Montes de Oca
Office: (562) 901-4664
Fax: (562) 901-4665
Los Angeles Office
355 S. Grand Ave., Suite 2450
Los Angeles, CA 90071
14414 Whittier Blvd. Whittier, CA 90605
Long Beach Office
111 W Ocean Blvd., Suite 1950
Long Beach, CA 90802
Have you been hurt in a bus accident? You need a bus injury lawyer who understands bus accident cases.
The Echo Park lawyers at La.legal are highly experienced in representing the victims of bus accidents‚ and are eager to use their knowledge‚ experience‚ and resources to fight for you.
While most bus drivers are highly capable drivers that take this duty seriously, there are unfortunately many accidents that arise from a breach of this duty in the form of negligence.
Bus Injury Lawyers Consider
The following causes of bus accidents, but some of the most common causes are:
- Bus driver fatigue: It can be sleep dearth, insomnia or some other factor, a fatigued bus driver is risky to lives and is much more probable to make a serious accident.
- Aggressive driving: Driving is not a competitive sport, but some drivers make it this way. Road rage could be aggressive tailgating or trying to run the other driver off the road.
- Speeding: Most bus drivers speed because they are in a rush to reach the destination. With their pre-determined schedules, they are under an extreme pressure to stay on schedule.
- Disruptive Passengers: If a passenger is being disruptive or troublesome, the driver has the right to warn the passengers to and stop the unruly behavior. If the driver fails to do so, the disruptive passenger might attack or otherwise injure another passenger or driver.
- Alcohol and drug violations: Bus drivers who are under the influence are a serious threat to their passengers and other motorists.
- Violation of Daily Records: By law, bus drivers must carefully log in their timings into their log books. Unfortunately, some bus drivers misrepresent their logs and drive longer than is legally approved.
To get help with your bus injury lawyer in Echo Park, please call us at 562-901-4664 and schedule your appointment.