2013-2016 Rising StarSuper Lawyers
Top Pasadena Attorney for 2015-2016Pasadena Magazine
Were you injured in a uber accident in Echo Park, CA?
Chris can help and fight for you.
Chris is a Super Lawyer Rising Star.
And yes, you don’t pay unless we win.
Contact Chris now for a free consultation.
Chris represents victims in Uber & Lyft Accidents in Echo Park
He devotes all his time and energy on car accident cases. That’s why Chris consistently delivers excellent results for his clients in Echo Park, CA.
Top Echo Park Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyer Who Takes Proactive Approach
Recognized by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star and by Pasadena Magazine as a Top Attorney.
I’m a Uber & Lyft car accident attorney in Echo Park who focuses on helping people who have been injured in a car accident. These moments are extremely stressful for you and your family. My team and I will help you during these difficult and emotional times.
I love what I do and work hard to make my clients my top priority. My goal is to provide the highest quality legal services to you. I’m committed to protect and advance the legal rights of Uber & Lyft car accident victims in Echo Park and Silver Lake while providing you with personal and effective service. My work speaks for itself. That’s why most of my cases are referrals from past clients. I believe this is the highest honor an Echo Park personal injury attorney can receive.
Let me help you achieve legal success with honesty and integrity. I look forward to talking with you and to discuss how my team and I can help. If you live in Echo Park or Silver Lake, please contact us today for a free confidential consultation so that we can begin to take care of you.
– Chris Montes de Oca
Frequently Asked Questions About Uber Accidents in Los Angeles
When you take an Uber or Lyft, you deserve to be transported to your destination safely. Unfortunately, some of these drivers are negligent in their actions, often driving too fast or engaging in other illegal or unsafe behaviors in an attempt to transport passengers as quickly as possible.
If you have been involved in an accident due to the actions of a ride-share app driver or another party, work with an Echo Park Uber accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Christopher Montes de Oca. We help you seek compensation for injuries or property damage you’ve sustained, whether you were riding in an Uber or Lyft car or another vehicle involved in a crash. We work with insurance companies in an effort to maximize the monetary damage you receive, taking swift legal action through a personal injury lawsuit, if necessary.
Uber drivers in Echo Park may not be properly trained
Uber and Lyft are fast-growing companies that hire hundreds of drivers at a time. As a result, some of these drivers lack the experience and training required to transport passengers safely. And while taking an Uber or Lyft can be much less expensive than a taxi, ride-share drivers often lack the same skill at cab drivers, especially when it comes to dealing with heavy southern California traffic.
Additionally, the following issues may be the reason behind your California Uber or Lyft accident:
- Distracted driving: Uber and Lyft drivers must use their smartphones to set up rides and determine routes to their destinations. This presents an obvious distraction, especially if drivers attempt to use their phones while the vehicle is in motion.
- Reckless driving: It’s understandable that Uber and Lyft drivers want to move passengers as quickly as possible — the more rides they complete, the more money they make. However, they should not speed or otherwise drive recklessly to get to a destination faster.
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance: Uber and Lyft drivers have a reasonability to ensure their vehicles are in good working order. Neglected maintenance could result in equipment issues like a blown tire or brake failure, causing the driver to lose control.
- Weather conditions: When inclement weather is present, drivers must make the proper adjustments to avoid a car accident. Traveling too fast for conditions significantly increases the risk of a crash occurring.
- Operating while intoxicated: While rare, there have been cases in which Uber and Lyft drivers have been found to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs while on the job. This creates a dangerous scenario that endangers the lives of others.
There are many things that can go wrong when it comes to using ride-sharing apps, and driver error is a common problem. To that end, it’s important to work with an experienced Echo Park car accident lawyer if you are dealing with medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering and other damages after one of these crashes. You may be able to secure compensation from the at-fault parties or their insurance providers.
Consult our knowledgeable Echo Park Uber and Lyft accident attorney today
If you or someone close to you has been seriously injured in a Uber or Lyft accident in Echo Park, meet with our skilled California personal injury lawyer right away. For a free initial consultation, call the experienced team at the Law Offices of Christopher Montes de Oca at 877-465-2911, or contact us online.
Recent Wins for Our Clients
These results represent only a small selection of the recent cases we’ve won for our clients.
Recognition for Excellence and Integrity
Chris is proud and humbled to be named as one of the top car accident lawyers in Los Angeles for four straight years. Among those honors, Chris is recognized as a Super Lawyer Rising Star. Each year, no more than 2.5% of the lawyers in the state receive this award.
Schedule Your Free Consultation
Law Offices of Christopher Montes de Oca
Office: (562) 901-4664
Fax: (562) 901-4665
Los Angeles Office
355 S. Grand Ave., Suite 2450
Los Angeles, CA 90071
14414 Whittier Blvd. Whittier, CA 90605
Long Beach Office
111 W Ocean Blvd., Suite 1950
Long Beach, CA 90802
If you or someone you know has been injured in Uber in Echo Park then you need an experienced Uber injury attorney on your side to help you through this tough time.
The Uber accident lawyer at La.legal represents serious injury victims in all types of Uber car crashes.
Uber Injury Attorneys in Echo Park:
Here are the answers given by attorneys, at La.legal, about collisions with rideshare vehicles:
Most Common Causes of Rideshare Accidents?
The most common cause of Uber crashes include:
- Inexperience: Rideshare drivers are generally not being tested upon their driving skills before hiring.
- Distractions: Uber drivers remain busy operating the app or talking on phone.
- Absence of proper maintenance: The driver might miscalculate how much maintenance his or her vehicle needs
- Fatigue: Long hours of working in a day can cause fatigue and thus distraction while driving.
Damages Recovery in an Uber Injury Claim?
If you were injured in an Uber accident, then you will be entitled to have financial, nonfinancial and punitive damages’ compensation with the help of an Uber Injury Attorney.
- Financial Damages: These include direct financial losses such as regular earnings and medical expenses.
- Nonfinancial Damages: These include losses that are more personal and have affected the mental health of the victim such as pain and suffering.
- Punitive Damages: If the driver accused was drunk or behaving with gross negligence, then you are entitled to recover punitive negligence.
People Responsible for Damages
Depending on the nature of your accident, you could be entitled to compensation from either:
- The driver and his/her personal insurance company;
- The Uber Cab Services and its liability insurance;
- Or third party insurance, in case the Uber driver is not completely at fault.
Click here to contact a Uber Injury Attorney near you in Echo Park or contact us at our 24/7 injury hotline at (877) 465-2911.