What Should You Do After A Car Accident In Glendale?
There can be a lot that starts to happen immediately after a car accident. Even if you are the most careful driver, there may come a time when an accident is unavoidable, so you need to know exactly what to do immediately following a car accident in Glendale.
Think about carrying a set of flares or warning triangles for emergencies with you in your trunk, which can be used to alert traffic after an accident. It will also be helpful to have a pen and paper to jot down information, as well as medical and insurance cards with all of your important information.
Right After The Accident
– Always take a deep breath and stay as calm as possible.
– Check to see fi there are any injuries, and always call an ambulance if you are in doubt.
– If it is a minor accident, move the vehicles out of the way of traffic and into a safe place.
– Turn vehicle hazard lights on your and be sure to use any of the emergency alert devices on the for safety purposes.
– Contact the police, even if the accident you are involved in is a minor one.
You should never sign any sort of document, unless it is for your insurance agent, or the police. Take notes immediately after the accident, including damages to the vehicles that were involved, and any other information from witnesses. Always be polite, but never tell anyone at the accident site that the accident was your fault, which is true even if you think it might have been. Just state any facts, limit the discussion about the accident to the police and your insurance agent only.
When you try to stay calm and remember these points, you will have a much better outcome if you try to get any sort of compensation for the accident that you are involved in.