2013-2016 Rising StarSuper Lawyers
Top Pasadena Attorney for 2015-2016Pasadena Magazine
Were you injured in a truck accident in Maywood, California?
Chris can help and fight for you.
Chris is a Super Lawyer Rising Star.
And yes, you don’t pay unless we win.
Contact Chris now for a free consultation.
Chris represents victims in Bus Accidents in Maywood, California
He devotes all his time and energy on car accident cases. That’s why Chris consistently delivers excellent results for his clients in Maywood, California.
Top Maywood Bus Accident Lawyer
Recognized by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star and by Pasadena Magazine as a Top Attorney.
I’m a Maywood, California bus accident attorney who focuses on helping people who have been injured in a car accident. These moments are extremely stressful for you and your family. My team and I will help you during these difficult and emotional times.
I love what I do and work hard to make my clients my top priority. My goal is to provide the highest quality legal services to you. I’m committed to protect and advance the legal rights of Maywood bus accident victims like you while providing you with personal and effective service. My work speaks for itself. That’s why most of my cases are referrals from past clients. I believe this is the highest honor a Maywood personal injury attorney can receive.
Let me help you achieve legal success with honesty and integrity. I look forward to talking with you and to discuss how my team and I can help. If you live in Maywood, California, please contact us today for a free confidential consultation so that we can begin to take care of you.
– Chris Montes de Oca
Frequently Asked Questions About Bus Accidents in Maywood
Because there are often dozens of passengers on board, many bus accidents result in numerous injuries. If you or a loved one has been involved in one of these crashes, be sure to consult a skilled Maywood bus accident lawyer right away.
At the Law Offices of Christopher Montes de Oca, we have served countless injury victims throughout Southern California, and we work hard to hold negligent parties accountable for their actions. We keep you informed throughout the process as we work together to secure the compensation you need and deserve to cover medical bills, loss of wages, pain and suffering and other damages.
Determining fault after a bus accident in Maywood
There are a number of parties who may be at fault for a bus accident, and our Maywood personal injury attorneys’ approach to pursuing compensation depends on the nature of the crash and the individuals and entities involved. The responsible parties may include the following:
- Bus driver: Bus operators have a responsibility to keep their passengers safe and avoid engaging in activities like using a cell phone, eating and driving recklessly.
- Bus company or transit agency: The businesses or entities who own and operate buses need to ensure their vehicles are in optimal working order — and that their drivers are properly trained before allowing them out on the road.
- Maintenance provider: Many bus companies and transit agencies contract third parties to service and repair their vehicles. If one of these contractors fails to properly maintain a bus and an accident results, that company may be liable for any injuries that occur.
- Equipment/parts manufacturers: Buses have a lot of moving parts, and if one of them fails, the risk of a serious accident drastically increases. Manufacturers may be liable for crashes resulting from defective bus parts.
What you should do after a bus crash in Maywood
After a bus accident in Maywood, your first step should be to seek medical assistance, if necessary. If you are able, you should gather as much information as you can, including the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved and the contact information of the bus driver and any other parties involved.
It’s also a good idea to take photos of the crash scene, using your cell phone. Key evidence to document includes damage to bus and other vehicles, along with where you were sitting when the accident took place. If there are skid marks at the scene, be sure to take photos of them, as well.
After that, look for any witnesses to the accident and get their contact information, including phone numbers, addresses and email addresses. Write down the time of day the crash occurred and the weather conditions, along with any other details you deem important. Do not give a written or recorded statement to anyone, and do not sign anything from an insurance company.
Once you’ve left the accident scene, call a Maywood bus accident lawyer right away. These professionals will advise you on next steps.
Contact our experienced Maywood bus accident attorney
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a Maywood bus accident, consult a skilled and dedicated personal injury lawyer with the Law Offices of Christopher Montes de Oca. Get a free consultation today by calling us at 877-465-2911 or by contacting us online.
Recent Wins for Our Clients
These results represent only a small selection of the recent cases we’ve won for our clients.
Recognition for Excellence and Integrity
Chris is proud and humbled to be named as one of the top car accident lawyers in Los Angeles for four straight years. Among those honors, Chris is recognized as a Super Lawyer Rising Star. Each year, no more than 2.5% of the lawyers in the state receive this award.
Schedule Your Free Consultation
Law Offices of Christopher Montes de Oca
Office: (877) 465-2911
Direct: (562) 901-4664
Fax: (562) 901-4665
Los Angeles Office
355 S. Grand Ave., Suite 2450
Los Angeles, CA 90071
14414 Whittier Blvd. Whittier, CA 90605
Long Beach Office
111 W Ocean Blvd., Suite 1950
Long Beach, CA 90802
Bus accidents can result in serious injuries. If you were injured in a bus accident in Maywood and wondering what to do next, turn to our firm. We, at La.legal, provide bespoke bus injury representation to those who have been injured in a bus accident.
Our Bus injury lawyer is thoughtful to the clients’ needs who have sustained serious injuries like brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, broken bones and other injuries.
Common Injuries associated with bus accidents are as follows
- Slipped discs and lower back injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Whiplash and other neck injuries
- Broken nose and dental injuries
- Cuts and bruises including facial lacerations
- Broken bones including fractures to the ankle, and knees.
And, the following entities may face obligation for your injuries:
- The bus driver, for driving carelessly like driving when fatigued, distracted, drunk/drugged, or irresponsible (speeding, unsafe merging, ignoring signs and signals, etc.)
- The bus company, for improperly hiring an unqualified individual or failing to follow bus maintenance rules.
- The bus parts manufacturer, for installing faulty parts or creating an unsafe design.
- The roadway authorities, for maintenance failure of streets, traffic signals, sign boards and others.
- A third party, for involving in careless behavior that caused the accident.
Let Our Bus injury lawyer Assist You!
We believe in justice and we understand that when you’ve been injured and upset, the last thing you want to think of is how you’re going to pay for legal services. Don’t worry! We provide free consultations.
Our bus injury lawyer will help you know each and every bit of your case and gather all evidence about how the accident happened and who all are responsible for it.
If you or a loved one were injured in a bus accident, call our Maywood Attorney at (877) 465-2911.