It’s not easy recovering from an accident. It’s even harder trying to get the money you deserve. Chris can help.
Watch this short video before talking to your insurance adjuster, and schedule a free consultation to find out how much your case is really worth.
Find Out How Much Your Case is Worth. For Free.
Complete this form or call (562) 901-4664. We have offices in Whittier, Los Angeles, and Long Beach. Se Habla Espanol.
Chris represents victims in Bus Accidents in Maywood, California
He devotes all his time and energy on car accident cases. That’s why Chris consistently delivers excellent results for his clients in Maywood, California.
Frequently Asked Questions About Bus Accidents in Maywood
Because there are often dozens of passengers on board, many bus accidents result in numerous injuries. If you or a loved one has been involved in one of these crashes, be sure to consult a skilled Maywood bus accident lawyer right away.
At the Law Offices of Christopher Montes de Oca, we have served countless injury victims throughout Southern California, and we work hard to hold negligent parties accountable for their actions. We keep you informed throughout the process as we work together to secure the compensation you need and deserve to cover medical bills, loss of wages, pain and suffering and other damages.
Determining fault after a bus accident in Maywood
There are a number of parties who may be at fault for a bus accident, and our Maywood personal injury attorneys’ approach to pursuing compensation depends on the nature of the crash and the individuals and entities involved. The responsible parties may include the following:
- Bus driver: Bus operators have a responsibility to keep their passengers safe and avoid engaging in activities like using a cell phone, eating and driving recklessly.
- Bus company or transit agency: The businesses or entities who own and operate buses need to ensure their vehicles are in optimal working order — and that their drivers are properly trained before allowing them out on the road.
- Maintenance provider: Many bus companies and transit agencies contract third parties to service and repair their vehicles. If one of these contractors fails to properly maintain a bus and an accident results, that company may be liable for any injuries that occur.
- Equipment/parts manufacturers: Buses have a lot of moving parts, and if one of them fails, the risk of a serious accident drastically increases. Manufacturers may be liable for crashes resulting from defective bus parts.
What you should do after a bus crash in Maywood
After a bus accident in Maywood, your first step should be to seek medical assistance, if necessary. If you are able, you should gather as much information as you can, including the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved and the contact information of the bus driver and any other parties involved.
It’s also a good idea to take photos of the crash scene, using your cell phone. Key evidence to document includes damage to bus and other vehicles, along with where you were sitting when the accident took place. If there are skid marks at the scene, be sure to take photos of them, as well.
After that, look for any witnesses to the accident and get their contact information, including phone numbers, addresses and email addresses. Write down the time of day the crash occurred and the weather conditions, along with any other details you deem important. Do not give a written or recorded statement to anyone, and do not sign anything from an insurance company.
Once you’ve left the accident scene, call a Maywood bus accident lawyer right away. These professionals will advise you on next steps.
Contact Our Experienced Maywood Bus Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a Maywood bus accident, consult a skilled and dedicated personal injury lawyer with the Law Offices of Christopher Montes de Oca. Get a free consultation today by calling us at 562-901-4664 or by contacting us online.
Recent Wins for Our Clients
Chris has successfully helped his clients recover the money they deserve in many types of car accident cases, including over $12 million for a car accident victim. These results represent only a small selection of those cases and are not meant to guarantee future results.
You Deserve to Have An Experienced and Honest Attorney By Your Side
Chris is proud and humbled to be named as one of the top car accident lawyers in Los Angeles for four straight years. Among those honors, Chris is recognized as a Super Lawyer Rising Star. Each year, no more than 2.5% of the lawyers in the state receive this award.
Find Out How Much Your Case is Worth.
Schedule Your Free Consultation.
Law Offices of Christopher Montes de Oca
Office: (562) 901-4664
Fax: (562) 901-4665
Los Angeles Office
355 S. Grand Ave., Suite 2450
Los Angeles, CA 90071
14414 Whittier Blvd. Whittier, CA 90605
Long Beach Office
111 W Ocean Blvd., Suite 1950
Long Beach, CA 90802
Bus accidents can result in serious injuries. If you were injured in a bus accident in Maywood and wondering what to do next, turn to our firm. We, at La.legal, provide bespoke bus injury representation to those who have been injured in a bus accident.
Our Bus injury lawyer is thoughtful to the clients’ needs who have sustained serious injuries like brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, broken bones and other injuries.
Common Injuries associated with bus accidents are as follows
- Slipped discs and lower back injuries
- Spinal cord damage
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Whiplash and other neck injuries
- Broken nose and dental injuries
- Cuts and bruises including facial lacerations
- Broken bones including fractures to the ankle, and knees.
And, the following entities may face obligation for your injuries:
- The bus driver, for driving carelessly like driving when fatigued, distracted, drunk/drugged, or irresponsible (speeding, unsafe merging, ignoring signs and signals, etc.)
- The bus company, for improperly hiring an unqualified individual or failing to follow bus maintenance rules.
- The bus parts manufacturer, for installing faulty parts or creating an unsafe design.
- The roadway authorities, for maintenance failure of streets, traffic signals, sign boards and others.
- A third party, for involving in careless behavior that caused the accident.
Let Our Bus injury lawyer Assist You!
We believe in justice and we understand that when you’ve been injured and upset, the last thing you want to think of is how you’re going to pay for legal services. Don’t worry! We provide free consultations.
Our bus injury lawyer will help you know each and every bit of your case and gather all evidence about how the accident happened and who all are responsible for it.
If you or a loved one were injured in a bus accident, call our Maywood Attorney at 562-901-4664.