2013-2016 Rising StarSuper Lawyers
Top Pasadena Attorney for 2015-2016Pasadena Magazine
Were you injured in a uber accident in Maywood, California?
Chris can help and fight for you.
Chris is a Super Lawyer Rising Star.
And yes, you don’t pay unless we win.
Contact Chris now for a free consultation.
Chris represents victims in Uber and Lyft Accidents in Maywood, CA
He devotes all his time and energy on car accident cases. That’s why Chris consistently delivers excellent results for his clients in Maywood California.
Top Maywood Uber & Lyft Accident Lawyer Who Takes Proactive Approach
Recognized by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star and by Pasadena Magazine as a Top Attorney.
I’m a Maywood, California Uber & Lyft accident attorney who focuses on helping people who have been injured in a car accident involving Uber and Lyft vehicles. These moments are extremely stressful for you and your family. My team and I will help you during these difficult and emotional times.
I love what I do and work hard to make my clients my top priority. My goal is to provide the highest quality legal services to you. I’m committed to protect and advance the legal rights of Maywood Uber & Lyft accident victims like you while providing you with personal and effective service. My work speaks for itself. That’s why most of my cases are referrals from past clients. I believe this is the highest honor a Maywood personal injury attorney can receive.
Let me help you achieve legal success with honesty and integrity. I look forward to talking with you and to discuss how my team and I can help. If you live in Maywood, California and you’ve been injured while riding in an Uber or Lyft, please contact us today for a free confidential consultation so that we can begin to take care of you.
– Chris Montes de Oca
Frequently Asked Questions About Uber & Lyft Accidents in Maywood, CA
When you take an Uber or Lyft, you deserve to be transported to your destination safely. Unfortunately, some of these drivers are negligent in their actions, often driving too fast or engaging in other illegal or unsafe behaviors in an attempt to transport passengers as quickly as possible.
If you have been involved in an accident due to the actions of a ride-share app driver or another party, work with a Maywood, CA Uber accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Christopher Montes de Oca. We help you seek compensation for injuries or property damage you’ve sustained, whether you were riding in an Uber or Lyft car or another vehicle involved in a crash. We work with insurance companies in an effort to maximize the monetary damage you receive, taking swift legal action through a personal injury lawsuit, if necessary.
Uber drivers in Maywood, California may not be properly trained
Uber and Lyft are fast-growing companies that hire hundreds of drivers at a time. As a result, some of these drivers lack the experience and training required to transport passengers safely. And while taking an Uber or Lyft can be much less expensive than a taxi, ride-share drivers often lack the same skill at cab drivers, especially when it comes to dealing with heavy southern California traffic.
Additionally, the following issues may be the reason behind your California Uber or Lyft accident:
- Distracted driving: Uber and Lyft drivers must use their smartphones to set up rides and determine routes to their destinations. This presents an obvious distraction, especially if drivers attempt to use their phones while the vehicle is in motion.
- Reckless driving: It’s understandable that Uber and Lyft drivers want to move passengers as quickly as possible — the more rides they complete, the more money they make. However, they should not speed or otherwise drive recklessly to get to a destination faster.
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance: Uber and Lyft drivers have a reasonability to ensure their vehicles are in good working order. Neglected maintenance could result in equipment issues like a blown tire or brake failure, causing the driver to lose control.
- Weather conditions: When inclement weather is present, drivers must make the proper adjustments to avoid a car accident. Traveling too fast for conditions significantly increases the risk of a crash occurring.
- Operating while intoxicated: While rare, there have been cases in which Uber and Lyft drivers have been found to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs while on the job. This creates a dangerous scenario that endangers the lives of others.
There are many things that can go wrong when it comes to using ride-sharing apps, and driver error is a common problem. To that end, it’s important to work with an experienced Maywood car accident lawyer if you are dealing with medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering and other damages after one of these crashes. You may be able to secure compensation from the at-fault parties or their insurance providers.
Consult Our Knowledgeable Maywood Uber and Lyft Accident Attorney Today
If you or someone close to you has been seriously injured in a Uber or Lyft accident in Maywood, meet with our skilled Maywood personal injury lawyer right away. For a free initial consultation, call the experienced team at the Law Offices of Christopher Montes de Oca at 562-901-4664, or contact us online.
Recent Wins for Our Clients
These results represent only a small selection of the recent cases we’ve won for our clients.
Recognition for Excellence and Integrity
Chris is proud and humbled to be named as one of the top car accident lawyers in Los Angeles for four straight years. Among those honors, Chris is recognized as a Super Lawyer Rising Star. Each year, no more than 2.5% of the lawyers in the state receive this award.
Schedule Your Free Consultation
Law Offices of Christopher Montes de Oca
Office: (562) 901-4664
Fax: (562) 901-4665
Los Angeles Office
355 S. Grand Ave., Suite 2450
Los Angeles, CA 90071
14414 Whittier Blvd. Whittier, CA 90605
Long Beach Office
111 W Ocean Blvd., Suite 1950
Long Beach, CA 90802
Today ride-sharing companies have become a permanent part of our daily life and if you have met with an accident while traveling in Uber then the big question is who is going to compensate for your pain and sufferings and lost wages.
The answer is – the driver at-fault and the ride-sharing company – Uber – itself.
The Uber injury attorney at La.legal will help you find answers to all your queries with the right explanation because we know handling the aftermath of an accident can be confusing, especially when it’s not clear who will be held responsible for your injuries.
Causes that Uber Accident Lawyers’ Consider?
The ride-sharing company’s drivers, are bound to reach their daily targets and, thus they become more prone to sleep disorders and finally reckless driving and collisions.
Most popular causes for Uber accidents include:
- Incompetent drivers on steering – Improperly trained drivers of rideshares are often distracted while driving and thus result in a heightened level of risk to passengers.
- Speeding while driving – is though illegal but done by most of the rideshare drivers. There can be uncertain road conditions or sudden vehicle collision which can pose threat to passenger’s life.
- Vehicle Maintenance Overlooked – This can cause failure to braking system, worn-out tires, steering issues and others affecting individual passengers safety to a heightened risk of harm.
- Driver occupied using app or GPS and not focused towards road.
- Unsafe lane change – This could risk the passenger’s life as vehicles at your back may not expect this to happen and probably lead to collision. Mostly, this happens when the driver is not familiarity with city roads.
A Maywood attorney will handle the legal aspects of your claim so you can focus on recovering from your injuries.
Why Choose Uber Injury Attorney at La.legal?
- No upfront or retainer fee.
- Free First consultation
- You don’t pay unless your case is settled!
- No middlemen – we’ll be directly connected to you!
- Handled a handful of Uber car accidents.
Call us for a free consultation today!
Click here to contact our Maywood Uber injury attorney near you or call at 562-901-4664.