It’s not easy recovering from an accident. It’s even harder trying to get the money you deserve. Chris can help.
Watch this short video before talking to your insurance adjuster, and schedule a free consultation to find out how much your case is really worth.
Find Out How Much Your Case is Worth. For Free.
Complete this form or call (562) 901-4664. We have offices in Whittier, Los Angeles, and Long Beach. Se Habla Espanol.
Chris represents victims in Bus Accidents in Alhambra
He devotes all his time and energy on car accident cases. That’s why Chris consistently delivers excellent results for his clients in Alhambra.
Frequently Asked Questions About Bus Accidents in Alhambra
Because there are often dozens of passengers on board, many bus accidents result in numerous injuries. If you or a loved one has been involved in one of these crashes, be sure to consult an experienced Alhambra bus accident lawyer right away.
At the Law Offices of Christopher Montes de Oca, we have served countless injury victims throughout Southern California, and we work hard to hold negligent parties accountable for their actions. We keep you informed throughout the process as we work together to secure the compensation you need and deserve to cover medical bills, loss of wages, pain and suffering and other damages.
Determining fault after a bus accident in Alhambra
There are a number of parties who may be at fault for a bus accident, and our Alhambra personal injury attorneys’ approach to pursuing compensation depends on the nature of the crash and the individuals and entities involved. The responsible parties may include the following:
- Bus driver: Bus operators have a responsibility to keep their passengers safe and avoid engaging in activities like using a cell phone, eating and driving recklessly.
- Bus company or transit agency: The businesses or entities who own and operate buses need to ensure their vehicles are in optimal working order — and that their drivers are properly trained before allowing them out on the road.
- Maintenance provider: Many bus companies and transit agencies contract third parties to service and repair their vehicles. If one of these contractors fails to properly maintain a bus and an accident results, that company may be liable for any injuries that occur.
- Equipment/parts manufacturers: Buses have a lot of moving parts, and if one of them fails, the risk of a serious accident drastically increases. Manufacturers may be liable for crashes resulting from defective bus parts.
What you should do after a bus crash in Alhambra
After a bus accident in Alhambra, your first step should be to seek medical assistance, if necessary. If you are able, you should gather as much information as you can, including the license plate numbers of all vehicles involved and the contact information of the bus driver and any other parties involved.
It’s also a good idea to take photos of the crash scene, using your cell phone. Key evidence to document includes damage to bus and other vehicles, along with where you were sitting when the accident took place. If there are skid marks at the scene, be sure to take photos of them, as well.
After that, look for any witnesses to the accident and get their contact information, including phone numbers, addresses and email addresses. Write down the time of day the crash occurred and the weather conditions, along with any other details you deem important. Do not give a written or recorded statement to anyone, and do not sign anything from an insurance company.
Once you’ve left the accident scene, call a bus accident lawyer in Alhambra right away. These professionals will advise you on next steps.
Contact Our Experienced Alhambra Bus Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured in a bus accident in Alhambra, consult a skilled and dedicated personal injury lawyer with the Law Offices of Christopher Montes de Oca. Get a free consultation today by calling us at 562-901-4664 or by contacting us online.
Recent Wins for Our Clients
Chris has successfully helped his clients recover the money they deserve in many types of car accident cases, including over $12 million for a car accident victim. These results represent only a small selection of those cases and are not meant to guarantee future results.
You Deserve to Have An Experienced and Honest Attorney By Your Side
Chris is proud and humbled to be named as one of the top car accident lawyers in Los Angeles for four straight years. Among those honors, Chris is recognized as a Super Lawyer Rising Star. Each year, no more than 2.5% of the lawyers in the state receive this award.
Find Out How Much Your Case is Worth.
Schedule Your Free Consultation.
Law Offices of Christopher Montes de Oca
Office: (562) 901-4664
Fax: (562) 901-4665
Los Angeles Office
355 S. Grand Ave., Suite 2450
Los Angeles, CA 90071
14414 Whittier Blvd. Whittier, CA 90605
Long Beach Office
111 W Ocean Blvd., Suite 1950
Long Beach, CA 90802
Whether your accident in Alhambra involved a school bus, local bus or a party bus, filing a bus accident lawsuit can be a complex process, as number of entities may held responsible for the accident.
Our bus injury lawyers are dedicated to protecting the rights of individuals who have been injured in bus accidents across the Alhambra. Moreover, we remain in touch with our field experts from medicine, accident scene and automotive safety, so that right claim can be created for you.
Common Causes Handled by Bus injury Lawyers
When a bus driver breaks the rule, and an accident occurs, they may stand responsible for any damage caused. Some of the causes which may indicate negligence on part of the driver and why you need a bus injury lawyer in Alhambra are:
- Driver Fatigue: Driving any vehicle when fatigued is extremely unsafe and the risk increases exponentially when it comes to commercial bus transport. As the commercial drivers are more prone to untreated sleep disorders, the chances of bus accident increases up to 8 times.
- Over-speeding: Bus drivers are usually trained with a tight driving schedule and are encouraged to speed so that time limit can be met.
- Improperly trained bus drivers: When there is a delay caused by weather, traffic, or road construction, improperly trained drivers make up the time by driving unsafe.
- Poor bus maintenance/ safety violation: Buses are generally rushed over their safety checks, regardless of what measures are missing in completing the maintenance program.
Our bus injury lawyer will help you gather all evidence showing exactly how the accident occurred and caused injuries to passengers and who all are responsible for the devastating event.
If you or a loved one were injured in a bus accident, call our Alhambra lawyers at 562-901-4664.