California Uber Accident Lawyer
When you take an Uber, you deserve to be transported to your destination safely. Unfortunately, some of these drivers are negligent in their actions, often driving too fast or engaging in other illegal or unsafe behaviors in an attempt to transport passengers as quickly as possible.
If you have been involved in an accident due to the actions of a ride-share app driver or another party, work with a California Uber accident lawyer at the Law Offices of Christopher Montes de Oca. We help you seek compensation for injuries or property damage you’ve sustained, whether you were riding in an Uber car or another vehicle involved in a crash. We work with insurance companies in an effort to maximize the monetary damage you receive, taking swift legal action through a personal injury lawsuit, if necessary.
Uber drivers may not be properly trained
Uber is a fast-growing company that hire hundreds of drivers at a time. As a result, some of these drivers lack the experience and training required to transport passengers safely. And while taking an Uber can be much less expensive than a taxi, ride-share drivers often lack the same skill at cab drivers, especially when it comes to dealing with heavy southern California traffic.
Additionally, the following issues may be the reason behind your California Uber accident:
- Distracted driving: Uber drivers must use their smartphones to set up rides and determine routes to their destinations. This presents an obvious distraction, especially if drivers attempt to use their phones while the vehicle is in motion.
- Reckless driving: It’s understandable that Uber drivers want to move passengers as quickly as possible — the more rides they complete, the more money they make. However, they should not speed or otherwise drive recklessly to get to a destination faster.
- Inadequate vehicle maintenance: Uber and Lyft drivers have a reasonability to ensure their vehicles are in good working order. Neglected maintenance could result in equipment issues like a blown tire or brake failure, causing the driver to lose control.
- Weather conditions: When inclement weather is present, drivers must make the proper adjustments to avoid a car accident. Traveling too fast for conditions significantly increases the risk of a crash occurring.
- Operating while intoxicated: While rare, there have been cases in which Uber and Lyft drivers have been found to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs while on the job. This creates a dangerous scenario that endangers the lives of others.
There are many things that can go wrong when it comes to using ride-sharing apps, and driver error is a common problem. To that end, it’s important to work with an experienced California car accident lawyer if you are dealing with medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering and other damages after one of these crashes. You may be able to secure compensation from the at-fault parties or their insurance providers.
Consult a knowledgeable California Uber accident attorney today
If you or someone close to you has been seriously injured in a California Uber accident, meet with a skilled California personal injury lawyer right away. For a free initial consultation, call the experienced team at the Law Offices of Christopher Montes de Oca at (562) 901-4664, or contact us online.