When you have lost a loved one due to the misconduct or the negligence of another person, you are entitled to compensation. These cases can be from a death at work, a motor vehicle accident, a dangerous or defective product, and many other causes. Having an experienced Los Angeles wrongful death attorney from the office of Christopher Montes de Oca can help you resolve this case as soon as possible.
The emotional trauma that can occur in these types of situations cannot be understated. People who have lost loved ones are already in fragile emotional states. As your attorney, we work on your behalf to collect evidence and prove negligence on the part of the defendant in your claim. In such cases, you can seek relief in the form of:
- The financial support, if any, that [name of decedent] would have contributed to the family during either the life expectancy that [name of decedent] had before [his/her] death or the life expectancy of [name of plaintiff], whichever is shorter;
- The loss of gifts or benefit that [name of plaintiff] would have expected to receive from [name of decedent];
- Funeral and burial expenses
- The reasonable value of household services that [name of decedent] would have provided
- The loss of [name of decedent]’s love, companionship, comfort, care assistance, protection, affection, society, moral support
- The loss of the enjoyment of sexual relations
- The loss of [name of decedent]’s training and guidance
Those that were immediately related to a victim of wrongful death can begin a case. These cases tend to be tedious and difficult to manage on your own, especially while grieving the loss of your loved one. Contact our office today to begin building your case or discuss your next best steps. Attorney Christopher Montes de Oca has years of experience with these cases and can help you prepare what comes next. We are prepared and passionate about helping the families of deceased victims. We also know that the families are victims as well, so we work hard to help you receive the most compensation possible for what you and your loved ones have been through. Feel free to call our office when you are ready to pursue justice for your loved one.