Frequently Asked Questions About
Car Accidents in Alhambra
When you’ve been involved in a crash, you need to work with a Alhambra car accident lawyer who helps you explore all of your legal options, especially if you’re dealing with medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering or significant property damage to your vehicle.
In these situations, turn to the dedicated car accident attorneys at the Law Offices of Christopher Montes de Oca. We proudly serve individuals and families throughout the Alhambra area, helping them seek compensation from negligent parties and their insurance companies. If you’ve been injured in an accident, work with our experienced legal team.
Common causes of car accidents in Alhambra
There are thousands of car and truck accidents in Alhambra each year, with many of these crashes resulting in serious injuries or death for the drivers and passengers involved. The following are the most common reasons why these accidents occur:
- Distracted driving: In an age in which nearly everyone has a cell phone, distracted driving has become a serious issue in southern California and across the country. In fact, responding to a single text causes drivers to take their eyes off the road for more than five seconds — enough time to travel the length of a football field when going 55 miles per hour.
- Reckless driving: Alhambra drivers are all too familiar with this problem, especially on our crowded freeways. Motorists who speed, weave in and out of traffic or engage in aggressive driving risk the lives of everyone on our roads and highways.
- Intoxicated driving: When individuals get behind the wheel of a vehicle after taking drugs or having too much to drink, they jeopardize the safety of their passengers and others out on the road. Intoxicated drivers have slowed reaction times and may fail to notice potential hazards, such as slowing traffic patterns.
- Weather conditions: While we enjoy nice weather for most of the year in Alhambra, we also have our fair share of rainy and foggy days. When inclement weather is present, all drivers need to slow down and exercise caution.
- Road hazards: Sometimes, a poorly designed or maintained road is the cause of a crash. If a government agency in charge of road upkeep fails to fix potholes or clean up loose gravel, it could be fully or partially at fault for any auto accidents that result.
These are just a few of the most common causes of car accidents in Alhambra and the surrounding areas. As you can see, driver error is a persistent problem, which is why it’s so important to work with an experienced Alhambra personal injury lawyer, who will conduct a cohesive investigation and determine the exact cause of your crash. Once that happens, we can set out a course of action to seek monetary damages from the parties responsible.
Meet With a Trusted Alhambra Car Accident Attorney
If you or someone close to you has been injured in a car wreck, you may be able to seek compensation. To learn more, consult a skilled Alhambra personal injury lawyer at the Law Offices of Christopher Montes de Oca. Give us a call at 562-901-4664 or contact us online for a free initial consultation.