It’s not easy recovering from an accident. It’s even harder trying to get the money you deserve. Chris can help.
Watch this short video before talking to your insurance adjuster, and schedule a free consultation to find out how much your case is really worth.
Find Out How Much Your Case is Worth. For Free.
Complete this form or call (562) 901-4664. We have offices in Whittier, Los Angeles, and Long Beach. Se Habla Espanol.
Chris represents victims in Truck Accidents in Echo Park and Silver Lake
He devotes all his time and energy on car accident cases. That’s why Chris consistently delivers excellent results for his clients in Echo Park and Silver Lake.
Frequently Asked Questions About Truck Accidents in Echo Park and Silver Lake
If you’ve been in an accident involving a large commercial truck in Echo Park or Silver Lake, you could be dealing with serious injuries and property damage — and you may be wondering how you will cover your medical bills, lost wages and vehicle repairs. During this time, it’s critical to work with a skilled Echo Park truck accident attorney who has experience seeking compensation on behalf of crash victims and their loved ones.
At the Law Offices of Christopher Montes de Oca, our trusted team of truck accident attorneys serves individuals and families throughout Southern California. We take the time to ensure you completely understand all of your legal options, and then outline a strategy that gives you the best chance at securing compensation for the damages you’ve suffered.
Why do truck accidents occur in Echo Park and Silver Lake?
Accidents involving commercial trucks tend to be very serious in nature, due mostly to the sheer size and weight involved. There are a number of reasons why these crashes tend to occur, and the following are the most common:
- Negligent driving: Just like any other motorist, truck drivers have a responsibility to operate their vehicles safely. If they take drugs or alcohol before getting behind the wheel, engage in distracted driving or drive recklessly, they are much more likely to cause a serious accident.
- Fatigued driving: Truck drivers are often under a lot of pressure to meet tight shipping deadlines. As a result, they may violate federal laws limiting the amount of time they may spend on the road before resting. Fatigued drivers have slowed reaction times and, in some cases, may even fall asleep behind the wheel.
- Equipment failure: Trucking companies have a responsibility to properly maintain their vehicles, performing regular checks and making necessary repairs. Blown tires, brake failure and engine problems are all common causes for truck accidents — and they are often preventable.
- Improper loading: Loading a trailer with too much weight on one side may cause the entire vehicle to tip over, especially in windy conditions. Shipping companies must ensure that their crews are properly loading these trucks to prevent this problem.
- Road conditions: In wet or foggy conditions, truck drivers must slow down and be extra careful. Traveling too fast for conditions may result in a serious crash.
Considering these issues, there are a number of parties that may be at fault for a crash, including operators, trucking companies and shipping companies. This makes it difficult to determine the exact cause, which is why it’s so important to work with an Echo Park personal injury attorney who has experience investigating these specific types of accidents.
Speak with our skilled Echo Park and Silver Lake Truck Accident Lawyer today
To learn more about your legal options after a serious truck accident in Echo Park, Silver Lake, or Los Angeles, reach out to the experienced personal injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Christopher Montes de Oca in Echo Park or Silver Lake. For a free initial consultation, call us today at 562-901-4664 or contact us online.
Recent Wins for Our Clients
Chris has successfully helped his clients recover the money they deserve in many types of car accident cases, including over $12 million for a car accident victim. These results represent only a small selection of those cases and are not meant to guarantee future results.
You Deserve to Have An Experienced and Honest Attorney By Your Side
Chris is proud and humbled to be named as one of the top car accident lawyers in Los Angeles for four straight years. Among those honors, Chris is recognized as a Super Lawyer Rising Star. Each year, no more than 2.5% of the lawyers in the state receive this award.
Find Out How Much Your Case is Worth.
Schedule Your Free Consultation.
Law Offices of Christopher Montes de Oca
Office: (562) 901-4664
Fax: (562) 901-4665
Los Angeles Office
355 S. Grand Ave., Suite 2450
Los Angeles, CA 90071
14414 Whittier Blvd. Whittier, CA 90605
Long Beach Office
111 W Ocean Blvd., Suite 1950
Long Beach, CA 90802
Trucking accidents tend to cause very serious injuries, which makes the insurance claim process much more difficult. In order to get the compensation you deserve it is necessary to hire an experienced trucking accident attorney.
Our truck injury attorney works closely with experts specialized in the research and investigations of trucking accidents.
It is important to know the possibly accountable parties involved in a truck accident, says our truck injury attorney. This may include:
- The truck driver
- The truck owner
- The trucking company
- The company hired the truck
- The truck manufacturer
Truck accidents and injuries can be complex cases, and to determine obligations, our truck injury attorney uses varied probing components such as:
- Vehicle Custody at the time of accident
- Comprehensive records and driving logs
- Communications held between driver and the owner
- Maintenance records
- Manufacturing defects
- Criminal history of the driver, employer and company, if any
- Rules violations of state and federal trucking and driving laws
Types of Damages from a Truck Accident
When damages caused a truck accident are determined to be
- Economic; they represent monetary losses such as existing and/or continuing medical expenses such as surgical procedures. It can also be represented a loss in wages and the victim’s inability to earn.
- Less tangible losses come under non-economic damages; this will cover compensation for your pain and suffering as well as mental and emotional distress.
- In the case of an offender’s actions being considered mischievous in intent, resulting in the severe injury or wrongful death of another, punitive damages may also be appropriate.
Our Echo Park lawyer will help ensure that you receive full compensation from the insurance company and determine whether you can file a claim for additional damages against the person or party at fault.
Call us today at 562-901-4664 to schedule an appointment with our truck injury attorney.