What Should You Do After You Are In An Uber Or Lyft Accident In Long Beach?
Ride sharing services run through apps and websites such as Uber and Lyft have turned the taxi industry upside down and opened up affordable transportation for millions who either do not own a car or don’t want to use one in certain circumstances.
For the most part, these rides are safe, as the drivers have undergone robust background checks and go through safety training. Still, accidents can happen. If you are a passenger of an Uber or Lyft ride and wind up in an accident in Long Beach, there are certain steps you need to take once it happens.
1. Make sure you’re okay or not hurt too badly: The safety and collision technology in cars has come to a point that most people get out of a car after an accident with only scratches, at most. Still, be sure you’re okay yourself first and foremost.
2. Check on other passengers and your driver: Don’t get mad at him for there being a wreck, even if it was obviously his fault. Make sure everyone else in your vehicle is alright, and administer needed first aid to anyone that needs.
3. Inquire with the other vehicle: If another car or vehicle was involved in this incident, it’s a safe assumption they did their own health checking, but make sure anyway. At least one vehicle needs to summon law enforcement, and you can’t know if you need to add EMTs to the response call until everyone is looked at.
4. Don’t get involved in any dispute between the other vehicle and the ridesharing driver: Even if it was obviously either the driver’s fault or clearly not, you don’t want to do anything that might get you named as a plaintiff in a lawsuit. Remember what you saw, but don’t play witness until asked about by police or lawyers.
5. Call Uber or Lyft yourself: Even if you think the driver has done this, make sure yourself. You might be entitled to rights or benefits, and they might send out a response team directly. At the very least get another ride.
Call Uber Accident Lawyer
Hi, were you injured in a car accident?
Chris can help and fight for you.
Chris is a Super Lawyer Rising Star.
And yes, you don’t pay unless we win.
Contact Chris now for a free consultation.
Chris represents victims in Long Beach Uber Accidents
He devotes all his time and energy on personal injury cases. That’s why Chris consistently delivers excellent results for his clients in Long Beach.
Top Long Beach Uber Accident Lawyer
Recognized by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star and by Pasadena Magazine as a Top Attorney.
I’m a personal injury attorney who focuses on helping people in Long Beach who have been injured in a car accident. These moments are extremely stressful for you and your family. My team and I will help you during these difficult and emotional times.
I love what I do and work hard to make my clients my top priority. My goal is to provide the highest quality legal services to you. I’m committed to protect and advance your legal rights while providing you with personal and effective service. My work speaks for itself. That’s why most of my cases are referrals from past clients. I believe this is the highest honor an attorney can receive.
Let me help you achieve legal success with honesty and integrity. I look forward to talking with you and to discuss how my team and I can help. Please contact us today for a free confidential consultation so that we can begin to take care of you.
– Chris Montes de Oca
Recent Wins for Our Clients
These results represent only a small selection of the recent cases we’ve won for our clients.
Recognition for Excellence and Integrity
Chris is proud and humbled to be named as one of the top personal injury lawyers in Los Angeles for four straight years. Among those honors, Chris is recognized as a Super Lawyer Rising Star. Each year, no more than 2.5% of the lawyers in the state receive this award.
Latest Articles on California Car Accident & Personal Injury
Schedule Your Free Consultation
Law Offices of Christopher Montes de Oca
Office: (562) 901-4664
Fax: (562) 901-4665
Los Angeles Office
355 S. Grand Ave., Suite 2450
Los Angeles, CA 90071
14414 Whittier Blvd. Whittier, CA 90605
Long Beach Office
111 W Ocean Blvd., Suite 1950
Long Beach, CA 90802