2013-2016 Rising StarSuper Lawyers
Top Pasadena Attorney for 2015-2016Pasadena Magazine
Were you injured in a truck accident in Los Angeles?
Chris can help and fight for you.
Chris is a Super Lawyer Rising Star.
And yes, you don’t pay unless we win.
Contact Chris now for a free consultation.
Chris represents victims in Truck Accidents in Maywood, CA
He devotes all his time and energy on car accident cases. That’s why Chris consistently delivers excellent results for his clients in Maywood, CA.
Top Maywood Truck Accident Lawyer
Recognized by Super Lawyers as a Rising Star and by Pasadena Magazine as a Top Attorney.
I’m a Maywood, California truck accident attorney who focuses on helping people who have been injured in a car accident. These moments are extremely stressful for you and your family. My team and I will help you during these difficult and emotional times.
I love what I do and work hard to make my clients my top priority. My goal is to provide the highest quality legal services to you. I’m committed to protect and advance the legal rights of Maywood truck accident victims like you while providing you with personal and effective service. My work speaks for itself. That’s why most of my cases are referrals from past clients. I believe this is the highest honor a Maywood personal injury attorney can receive.
Let me help you achieve legal success with honesty and integrity. I look forward to talking with you and to discuss how my team and I can help. If you live in Maywood, California, please contact us today for a free confidential consultation so that we can begin to take care of you.
– Chris Montes de Oca
Frequently Asked Questions About Truck Accidents in Maywood, CA
If you’ve been in an accident in Maywood, CA involving a large commercial truck, you could be dealing with serious injuries and property damage — and you may be wondering how you will cover your medical bills, lost wages and vehicle repairs. During this time, it’s critical to work with a skilled Maywood truck accident attorney who has experience seeking compensation on behalf of crash victims and their loved ones.
At the Law Offices of Christopher Montes de Oca, our trusted team of truck accident attorneys serves individuals and families throughout Southern California. We take the time to ensure you completely understand all of your legal options, and then outline a strategy that gives you the best chance at securing compensation for the damages you’ve suffered.
Why do truck accidents occur in Maywood, CA?
Accidents involving commercial trucks tend to be very serious in nature, due mostly to the sheer size and weight involved. There are a number of reasons why these crashes tend to occur, and the following are the most common:
- Negligent driving: Just like any other motorist, truck drivers have a responsibility to operate their vehicles safely. If they take drugs or alcohol before getting behind the wheel, engage in distracted driving or drive recklessly, they are much more likely to cause a serious accident.
- Fatigued driving: Truck drivers are often under a lot of pressure to meet tight shipping deadlines. As a result, they may violate federal laws limiting the amount of time they may spend on the road before resting. Fatigued drivers have slowed reaction times and, in some cases, may even fall asleep behind the wheel.
- Equipment failure: Trucking companies have a responsibility to properly maintain their vehicles, performing regular checks and making necessary repairs. Blown tires, brake failure and engine problems are all common causes for truck accidents — and they are often preventable.
- Improper loading: Loading a trailer with too much weight on one side may cause the entire vehicle to tip over, especially in windy conditions. Shipping companies must ensure that their crews are properly loading these trucks to prevent this problem.
- Road conditions: In wet or foggy conditions, truck drivers must slow down and be extra careful. Traveling too fast for conditions may result in a serious crash.
Considering these issues, there are a number of parties that may be at fault for a crash, including operators, trucking companies and shipping companies. This makes it difficult to determine the exact cause, which is why it’s so important to work with a Maywood personal injury attorney who has experience investigating these specific types of accidents.
Speak with our skilled Maywood, CA truck accident lawyer today
To learn more about your legal options after a serious truck accident in Maywood, CA, reach out to the experienced personal injury attorneys at the Law Offices of Christopher Montes de Oca in Maywood. For a free initial consultation, call us today at 877-465-2911 or contact us online.
Recent Wins for Our Clients
These results represent only a small selection of the recent cases we’ve won for our clients.
Recognition for Excellence and Integrity
Chris is proud and humbled to be named as one of the top car accident lawyers in Los Angeles for four straight years. Among those honors, Chris is recognized as a Super Lawyer Rising Star. Each year, no more than 2.5% of the lawyers in the state receive this award.
Schedule Your Free Consultation
Law Offices of Christopher Montes de Oca
Office: (877) 465-2911
Direct: (562) 901-4664
Fax: (562) 901-4665
Los Angeles Office
355 S. Grand Ave., Suite 2450
Los Angeles, CA 90071
14414 Whittier Blvd. Whittier, CA 90605
Long Beach Office
111 W Ocean Blvd., Suite 1950
Long Beach, CA 90802
Big trucks are common on the highways and sometimes impose dangers to other vehicles. When a truck accident occurs, the consequences can be devastating. Victims typically suffer serious injuries that involve long-term medical care and costly treatments.
If you or someone you know has been involved in a truck injury, you need to act just as quickly as the event occurred.
At La.legal, we have team of truck injury attorney working tirelessly to build a compelling case and hold the negligent party responsible.
Truck Injury Causes We Consider
The truck driver or the trucking company may found accountable for the accident by our truck injury attorney, based on the underlying causes including:
- Fatigued driver – Of all the causes of trucking accidents, fatigued driver is five times more expected to cause auto crash than any of the other factors.
- Failure in truck load specifications – When a truck’s load is not carefully organized, it can lead to imbalanced load. Improper stacking can also lead to falling off the truck or risky overtakes and others.
- Unrealistic deadlines – Weather conditions has a major impact on the trucking schedules. The failure to accommodate to local weather leads to many trucking accidents each year.
- Vehicle repair and maintenance – Sticking to vehicle maintenance regulations is of utmost importance when it comes to total safety. Neglecting this may lead to mechanical failure, worn-out tires, brakes failure and others.
Besides the above-mentioned causes, some of the ignored reasons might be:
- Insufficient screening during the driver hiring process
- Inadequate training
- Substance Abuse and;
- Dangerous and defective products
The truck injury attorney at La.Legal is familiar with trucking industry regulations. So, when you call us, we can examine your case and examine why it happened, who was responsible, and if any rules were broken.
Make a List of Questions
You may have a lot of questions to ask your truck injury attorney. Best is to write them down for a better picture.
You may want to ask about the scope of your case, how the lawyer is planning to tackle it, and what chances are of settling the case in your favor. Let us collect the evidence and handle the legal procedure, while you concentrate on your recovery and treatment.
For more information on how we can help you, your family or your business, call our Maywood attorneys at (877) 465-2911 for a free initial consultation today.